- Before you start, get three separate bin bags or boxes and label them “keep”, “charity” and “bin”.
- Decide which room or space to focus on for your session – don’t overwhelm yourself and try to do it all in one go, remember Rome wasn’t built in a day!
- Stay focused on the task in hand and try not to get distracted (easier said than done…!).
- Try not to overthink your decisions – if it doesn’t have sentimental value and you haven’t touched the item in over 12 months, it’s time for it to go to a new home.
- Remember decluttering is not a negative process it’s a positive journey which will give you a sense of clarity and calm.
- Think about how you want to feel in your home and keep reminding yourself of why you’re taking this step.
- Plan for your “charity” and “bin” bags or boxes to be disposed of soon after your decluttering session.
- Keep up the momentum – if you’ve got a couple of rooms or even a whole house you would like to declutter, commit to a date and time each week to help you keep chipping away. You’ll see real progress in no time.
Happy decluttering – and remember if you need a helping hand, get in touch with us at Summerbell Services!